Preparing for a runway model audition can be both exciting and nerve-wracking. Here are some tips to help you prepare:
- Practice your walk: The most important aspect of a runway audition is your walk. Practice walking in heels and perfecting your posture, stride, and turns. You can book a lesson with Crush Model Studio learn different styles of runway walks and which is appropriate for your audition.
- Dress appropriately: Wear clothes that show off your figure and make you feel confident. Avoid anything too revealing or flashy. I recommend skinny jeans and a form-fitted solid color tank or t-shirt. Bring heels in your model bag.
- Keep your hair and makeup natural: Most runway shows prefer a natural look, so keep your hair and makeup simple and clean. Avoid anything too dramatic or over-the-top.
- Research the company: Do your research on the company or designer holding the audition. Look at their past runway shows and try to get a sense of their aesthetic and the type of models they typically hire.
- Bring the right materials: Make sure you bring all the necessary materials to the audition, such as a portfolio or headshot, resume, and comp card (if you have one).
- Show confidence: Confidence is key when auditioning for a runway show. Walk with confidence and be friendly and polite to everyone you meet.
Remember that the audition process can be competitive, and not everyone will be selected. Keep a positive attitude and use each audition as a learning experience. With hard work, determination, and a bit of luck, you can land your dream runway modeling job.